About Crystal Reports 2011- Basic :
Crystal Reports 2011 Basic course teaches the features and functions of Crystal Reports. Students will explore the program environment and learn how to open, navigate, create, modify, and save reports. They will learn the fundamentals of formatting report objects, of sorting and selecting records, and creating groups and summaries. They will also learn how to create simple formulas and functions. Finally, students will work with experts and wizards, and learn how to export reports to various file formats.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the elements of the Crystal Reports interface.
- create and modify a basic report.
- use formulas to calculate and filter data.
- build a parameterized report.
- group report data.
- enhance a report.
- create a report using data from an Excel workbook.
- distribute data.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Lesson 1: Exploring the SAP Crystal Reports 2011 Interface
- Explore Crystal Reports
- Use Crystal Reports Help
- Customize the Report Settings
Lesson 2: Working with Reports
- Create a Report
- Modify a Report
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
Lesson 3: Using Formulas in Reports
- Create a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Filter Data Using a Formula
- Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Handle Null Values
Lesson 4: Building Parameterized Reports
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
Lesson 5: Grouping Report Data
- Group Report Data
- Modify a Group Report
- Group Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterized Top N Report
Lesson 6: Enhancing a Report
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
Lesson 7: Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
Lesson 8: Distributing Data
- Export Data
- Create Mailing Labels
Appendix A: Setting Up and Configuring Data Sources
Appendix B: Using Report Processing Techniques
Appendix C: Using Functions in Formulas