About Crystal Reports 2011: Advanced
Crystal Reports 2011: Advanced course builds on the skills and concepts taught in Crystal Reports Basic. Students will learn how to create and use parameter fields, including cascading parameters. They will learn how to build advanced formulas using variables, advanced functions, and constructs. They will also learn how to create and customize charts and maps, appl advanced formatting options to report elements, and create alerts and subreports. Finally, students will work with the Business Objects Enterprise Repository and the Workbench, and they will learn advanced data access techniques including ODBC data sources and SQL query building.
This course is designed for people who know how to create basic list and group reports and need to create reports that include subreports, cross-tabs, advanced formulas, and charts based on more than one data series. They may also need to build tools that make it easier for other people to create reports. They may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create automatic and manual running totals.
- Work with cross-tab reports.
- Add subreports.
- Create drill-downs in a report.
- Use SQL statements in report processing.
- Create complex formulas.
- Add charts to reports.
- Enhance report functionality.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Lesson 1: Creating Running Totals
- Create a Running Total Field
- Modify a Running Total Field
- Create a Manual Running Total
Lesson 2: Working with Cross-Tabs
- Create a Cross-Tab Report
- Format a Cross-Tab Report
- Create Groups in Cross-Tab Reports
Lesson 3: Adding Subreports
- Insert a Subreport
- Edit a Subreport
- Share Variables
Lesson 4: Creating Drill-Downs in a Report
- Create a Drill-Down
- Create Headings for Drill-Down Data
Lesson 5: Using SQL Statements in Report Processing
- Create a Report Using SQL Queries
- Summarize Report Data
- Create Joins Using SQL
- Create Subqueries
- Create a SQL Expression Field
Lesson 6: Creating Complex Formulas
- Work with Loops
- Work with Arrays
Lesson 7: Adding Charts to Reports
- Create Charts
- Create a Chart with a Drill-Down
- Create a Top N Chart
- Create a Cross-Tab Chart
- Create Charts for Grouped Data
- Format a Chart
- Create a Chart Template
Lesson 8: Enhancing Report Functionality
- Organize Data Based on a Hierarchy
- Create a Dynamic Image
- Create a Report Alert
- Create a Geographic Map
Appendix A: Managing Reports
Appendix B: Processing Data on the Server
Appendix C: Detecting and Fixing Problems